Google Play, formerly the Android Market, is a platform for applications for the Android operating system and an online electronics and digital media store, developed and maintained by Google. When delivering your music to Google Play your music will be available in 59 territories.
We’ve put together some Google Play tips for you to spread your music.
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
Google Play Music Store Pages
The Google Play artist support team has created a detailed online resource to understand Google Play store pages. Click here to go to the Google Play artist hub help center if you have detailed questions regarding Google Play store pages.
Important: Before creating your account, be sure to read through the article about who should create a Google Play artist hub account.
If you’d like to create an artist hub account:
1. Visit play.google.com/music/publish
2. Sign-in with the Google account to which you would like your Google Play store page associated.
3. Search for your artist name.
– If found, click the Select button next to your artist name.
– If not found, select Create This Store Page toward the bottom of the screen.
4. You may be asked to provide a verification code to verify your identity. Go here to request a verification code.
5. Accept all the agreements and terms of service.
6. To pay the one-time signup fee, please provide your credit card information using your Google Checkout account. Providing credit card information is one way that we help protect against artist impersonation. Once payment is made, you should have instant access to begin editing your Google Play store page.
If you mistakenly registered with the wrong Google account, please contact artist support.
Google Play welcomes exclusive versions of titles from your catalog. Please contact our marketing representative at email@example.com complete a featured release form in the content portal to discuss any questions you have on delivering or promoting exclusives.
Google Play Antenna Submissions
Antenna is one of Google Play’s most successful feature slots, generating in the 200sK+ visits, clicks and downloads, and providing an immediate lift to associated artist albums. The feature is promoted in Google Play’s main music web and device carousels, in music locker banners and other feature slots over the month.
– Free song download offered for one month
– For developing artists with a new or recent album or EP due out in a month
– Label to provide hi-res artist images.
– Label agrees to promote via social channels (G+, Twitter, etc.).