Historically, traditional radio has always been king when it comes to breaking a new artist or getting exposure. But in the digital age, radio has transformed and has revolutionized the way that we all listen to music. With streaming and on-demand services being played through the vast array of devices we all own, there is a new king on the throne.
Streaming radio can be the most popular and effective way to gain exposure as more time is spent listening to these services than traditional radio.
Problems Promoting on Traditional Radio:
1. It’s virtually impossible for up and coming or independent artists to get on traditional radio
2. There are a limited number of stations and airtime
3. There is no way for listeners to interact with the music
4. Most people change stations when they hear commercials or ads
5. It’s illegal to guarantee song plays
6. A ton of resources and money are exhausted trying to get airtime
7. You don’t know that everyone hearing your music is in your target market
8. You can’t measure song performance in real time and it’s extremely difficult to get deep analytics
Why you Should Promote on Streaming Radio
1. There are millions of customized stations with endless airtime
2. The fans are engaged and can interact with the music on their devices
3. You can include additional on screen artist profiles for users to interact with
4. Digital promotion allows for tracking and analyzing in real time with in depth analytics
5. Guarantee that your songs get played by replacing irrelevant audio ads with music that will be enjoyed
6. Listeners typically don’t change stations when audio promotions play
7. Get exactly what you pay for. For every penny spent, know that your song is actually being listened to by your target market
Any artist can get music into digital platforms, but songs often get lost in the black hole of music catalogs! So it’s great that your song is on Spotify, but if it’s 1 of 25 million songs, now what do you do? You’re on streaming services, on-demand services, digital distributors, social media pages, music hosting pages, and anywhere else you can have a presence. You spend your limited marketing budget trying to market and promote to people who are bombarded with advertising chaos from EVERYWHERE in hopes that they make the active decision to visit one of these platforms and hit the play button!
Wouldn’t it make more sense to let your music act as your best advertisement by playing your music directly on a streaming radio station to relevant fans who are already listening? Allow them to interact with the song as native content by adding it to playlists, favoriting, repeat listening, and sharing on social media to all friends and family which ultimately results in more fans, purchases, and royalties for you!
Look at it as a funnel:
How Digital Song Promotion Used to be Done
How Digital Song Promotion Should be Done
Watch and Learn More!
Symphonic Distribution record labels and artists receive
$10 FREE credit (100 to 150 plays)
Use code: symphonic2014
Guest post by Dan Sander
Head of Business Development & Marketing, Feature.fm
About Feature.fm: Feature.fm is the first and only cost effective song promotion network that guarantees artists’ songs get played inside music streaming services. Songs are played to a targeted audience by replacing irrelevant ads with music that will actually be enjoyed! With the capability to integrate promoted songs as native content into search, discovery, and stream (similar to promoted ads in search engines and social media), streaming services provide a better user experience while supporting up and coming artists with an avenue that promises exposure and returns real time, in depth analytics. Everybody wins! It’s extremely beneficial for independent artists to not just get into digital platforms, but also guarantee they get heard. Feature.fm was founded by graduates of an elite technology program in the Israeli Army and includes years of industry experience in music.
|START SPREADING YOUR MUSIC|