The music industry is filled with talented artists who want their work to be known among a variety of people. There is competition when trying to expand your fan base and staying connected so its better to be that artist who is unique.
Here are some tips on how to stand out in the music industry and learning to be authentic.
- Expanding across all social media channels will increase your presence online and help you stay connected to your fans. Spotify and Soundcloud are some of the applications that will help you distribute your music easier. It’s also important to stay consistent with your Instagram and Twitter handles as this will keep people updated.
- Being professional is key in the music industry because how you present yourself can get you far in your career. So, be mindful on how you act towards managers and agents.
- Remember that quality is better than quantity. It’s better to have a few really good songs then a lot of average ones. Draw influences from your favorite bands but don’t imitate their music. You want your music to be authentic to you. It’s better to practice your music so it becomes a routine, this way you will essentially be delivering a better product than other artists.
- Selling merchandise is another great way to stay connected to your fans. Its easy and more people will remember you whether its t-shirts with your logo on them or CD’s that you personally signed.
- Don’t be afraid to collaborate with other artists that are different then you. This way, you will be creating something that is again, unique.
- Be prepared to invest by upgrading your music equipment or even renting out studio time. This can significantly help your music in sounding professional and ready to present.
Taking these tips to consideration can help you be the musician who is creative and has music that fans can relate to. Remember that it is better to stand out then to blend in!