For DJ’s, it’s important to protect your hearing. If not, you will experience hearing loss or even tinnitus.
It’s always a good idea to invest in good earplugs, especially if you surround yourself with loud music.
Here’s a list of some of the best DJ earplugs on the market:
- Classic foam earplugs are relatively inexpensive. However, they are not specifically the go to earplugs for DJs because some sounds are blocked out making it difficult to hear the sounds you want to. For the price, they are good earplugs if you have forgotten to bring a nicer set with you.
- Earlove Classic Plugs are a good price and allows dialogue and frequencies to come through clearly. The carrying case is easy and and allows you never to forget them. But, the three layer design can feel uncomfortable when you are wearing them and might take some twisting in order to adjust. Overall, they are a good set to invest in.
- V-Moda VIP Faders plugs are easy to carry around with the strap and case. They are also incredibly comfortable unlike some others. The frequency is great because you can hear people talking to you as well listen to the surrounding music. The earplugs also come in four different sizes so you will find the right pair to fit your ears comfortably. What isn’t so great is that you may be prone to losing the case while using the earplugs.
- Dubs are earplugs that are also very comfortable for long periods of time. They are not held together by anything which means you might lose one. After testing them out, they are proven to block out overpowering sounds.
- Etymotic Music PRO Electronic Earplugs are proactive but also the most expensive. Batteries are necessary to power them so its important to stock up. It is definitely worth it for professionals that spend long hours at the club. They also come with a neck cord that prevents you from losing them.
Again, these are just some of the earplugs that would be suitable for DJ’s. Comment below with your faves!