Snapchat Geofilters allow you to design custom filters that can be used on people’s snaps when they are in that particular location. On Demand Geofilters are suitable for businesses when they want to promote events.
Here are some steps on how to make a Snapchat Geofilter for your event:
- To get started, go to the Snapchat website and to go the On-Demand Geofilters page. From there, click create now.
- Sign into your Snapchat account. It is best to use your company’s since you are promoting an event for them.
- You will then be asked to download templates for the geofilter and read some guidelines. Since the templates provided by Snapchat are offered in both Illustrator and Photoshop formats, you can quickly use the Adobe software to create the geofilter you want. Take note that you need to create a PNG file that is 1,080px wide by 1,920px tall with a transparent background that is under 300KB in file size. Fortunately, the adobe software allows you to do this.
- When you upload the filter to Snapchat, it allows you to see a preview of it. This will allow you to edit it accordingly until you have it just the way you want it.
- When the design is finished, click next to choose the dates you want your filter to be active.
- Then you can choose the area users must be in to use your filter. Draw a geofence around the location and you will get a price estimate depending on the size and date range selected.
- Lastly, confirm your order and payment information and click submit. Your filter will then go into review and you will get an email confirmation. You can cancel your order and also check the status at anytime. You will also get an email once your filter has been approved.
|Music Creator’s Ultimate
Guide to Music Marketing