As a DJ, you want to bring the items with you that will help you have a fun and safe show.
We’ve put together a list of 10 things to pack for your next show!
- Of course the essential DJ equipment: your turntables and cartridges, mixer, RCA cable, and headphones.
- Spare mics just in case the venue’s mic breaks. This way you can always address your crowd.
- Your merchandise, so you can brand yourself while also making side cash out of it.
- A medicine bag just case you feel a little out of the weather before the show. Medications such as DayQuil, Advil, and decongestants will help in the long run especially if you are traveling for a show.
- Earplugs, so your ears are protected from the loud music on stage
- Sweat rags to keep you clean especially if you are doing multiple gigs for a long time. Also consider spare clothes so you feel comfortable and dry.
- Water and snacks just in case you don’t have enough time to get snacks if the venue has them.
- Its always a good idea to keep some cash on you and to store it in a safe place when you are performing just in case your credit cards stop working.
- Spare batteries are must just in case one piece of your equipment stop working last minute.
- Business cards because there is always an opportunity to network. It’s good to have to with you for potential bookers or music executives.
These are some but not all of the items you should bring with you. Keep in mind that the list can change in order to accommodate with you so bring items that are essential to you personally. The idea is to have fun and stay healthy during shows!