Increase your visual presence on social media with these social media size guides! Don’t get caught using outdated image size in 2018.
If you’re an active social media user, which you should be if you’re an artist or label, then you don’t need to be told how important images on these platforms are.
Social platforms change their image sizes and formats at least every year.
Here are the social media image sizes for 2018 that you need to be familiar with.
Almost every year, there are speculations made that Facebook isn’t going to be relevant but it is still the world’s most popular network. Facebook is all about visuals and videos.
Here are the Facebook image, ad, and video sizes to keep in mind:
- Facebook cover image: 851 x 315
- Facebook profile image: 170 x 170
- Facebook highlighted image: 1200 x 717
- Facebook ads: 1280 x 628
- Facebook native video: 1280 x 720
With Twitter expanding it’s character count to 280, you can expect that this platform will be making waves in 2018! Did you know that tweets with images get retweeted 150% more times than those without?
Here are the Twitter image and video sizes to increase your engagement:
- Twitter cover image: 1500 x 500
- Twitter profile image: 150 x 150
- Twitter native video: 1280 x 720
- Twitter image in stream: 506 x 253
From the beginning, Instagram has always been about visuals. You can unleash your inner photographer and filmmaker on this platform. The number 1 social media format is currently Instagram Stories.
Instagram also has three orientations now available: landscape, square, and portrait. Don’t be afraid to test the waters and try ’em out in 2018!
Here are the Instagram image sizes to compose posts accordingly:
- Instagram profile image: 150 x 150
- Instagram square image: 1080 x 1080
- Instagram landscape image: 1080 x 566
- Instagram portrait: 1080 x 1350
If you’re trying to step up your professional networking skills in 2018 then keep these image sizes for LinkedIn in a safe place:
- LinkedIn cover image: 1536 x 768
- LinkedIn profile image: 400 x 400
- LinkedIn shared image: 550 x 375
- LinkedIn link image: 520 x 272
Although Google+ doesn’t get as much love as the other social platforms, it is still useful because your posts will be immediately indexed by Google.
Here are the Google+ image sizes to use in 2018:
- Google+ cover image: 1080 x 610
- Google+ default display position: 1084 x 364
- Google+ interests image: 253 x 142
- Google+ native video: 1280 x 720
- Google+ image in post: max 2048 x 2048
Remember, to keep your images polished and use the highest resolution that you can find. Posting on social media doesn’t have to be a hassle. Are there any tips that you’d like to add? If so, comment below!