Drum&BassArena is the undisputed global brand leader for drum & bass and jungle music, established in 1996 and remains the most authoritative go-to site for all things bass to date. The biggest DNB download site on the web with hundreds of tracks added each week. Download high quality MP3s and WAV’s instantly.
How do I get my Music Featured?
With hundreds of new releases hitting the Download store each week, competition is incredibly tight between labels wanting to get their music featured. This guide gives you the inside view on how they promote music, how they make feature decisions, and most importantly, what things you can do to increase your chances of getting featured on Drum&BassArena.
What do you mean by ‘Feature’?
Each week the team select releases across Drum&BassArena and schedule in promotion for each release. A feature can include one or more of the following:
• Homepage feature
• Download store mini banner
• Download Store Featured release
• Artist top 10 DJ Chart
• Newsletter placement
In addition to the above, editorials on the blog are performed which are also promoted on the D&B Arena social networks. The editorials are written by a highly experienced editor with previous work for the renowned iDJ magazine. This can be interview based or tied in with:
• Competitions (giveaways, remix competitions)
• Free mixes
• Filmed/Edited interview on the Drum&BassArena YouTube channel
• Production style content (masterclass or tutorial style interview)
• Inclusion in Drum&BassArena Podcasts – highly recommended tracks
• Music video on the Drum&BassArena Youtube channel
• D&BTV Live performance streamed live to a global audience.
What are Drum&BassArena looking for when they pick a featured release?
Labels and Artists should support their music that is being sold by putting direct product links of their material on Drum&BassArena and building up social network activity around the release and linking it back to Drum&BassArena’s social networks.
• Quality of the music
• Buzz around the label, artist and tracks
• Number of organic plays on sites like Soundcloud, Youtube, Mixcloud etc.
• DJ feedback
• Exclusivity to Drum&BassArena
• Relevance of the music to our customer-base
• Important things they must see:
• Your music uploaded, approved and online well in advance of the release date.
When do they choose which music to feature?
The editorial team normally decides which releases to feature the week before their release date. This gives them enough time to schedule banners, reviews and any additional promotion.
Does Drum&BassArena accept payments for features?
No. All features decisions are editorially driven.
Does Drum&BassArena only feature D&BA exclusives?
No. They don’t just feature Drum&BassArena exclusives; they also feature releases that are available on other stores too. However, if a release is a Drum&BassArena exclusive and it’s a strong track with some great buzz then it’s likely that their editorial team will give it priority placement.
How can I increase my chances of getting featured?
• Make it a Drum&BassArena exclusive
• Submit a feature request
• Upload your music well in advance of the release date.
• Include blurb/copy about the release
• Encourage your fans to comment, Like and Tweet about the release on Drum&BassArena
• Submit a DJ/Artist Chart