This past Memorial Day weekend, local Tampa radio station 97X put on Backyard Barbeque: an all-day concert event full of food, drink, and great music.
Fun in the Sun
On Saturday May 23, eight bands gathered along with food vendors and hundreds of music lovers in St. Pete’s Vinoy Park. Ranging from pizza to pretzels to gyro, the options felt endless. And, although I did not partake, there were a couple booths devoted to mixed drinks, as well as frozen lemonade stands. Even though the main area of the park by the stage had little to no shade, there are many trees and shady spots all around the rest of the park to sit under while you recharge. This combination helped create a fun, friendly environment that everyone could enjoy.
Listed below you will find the upcoming shows for each band that was at the event:
- Saves The Radio – 7/25/15 @ Whiskey Joe’s, Tampa , FL
- Denim Blue Miclain Keith – 5/30 @ The Crowbar, Tampa, FL
- Night Riots – 6/5 @ Duckroom at Blueberry Hill, University City, MO
- Vinyl Theatre – 6/2 @ Rawkus, Colorado Springs, CO
- In The Valley Below – 5/28 @ The National, Richmond, VA
- Robert Delong – 6/6 @ Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA
- Panic! At The Disco – 6/6 @ Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA
- AWOLNATION – 5/28 @ Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC
For future events like this one, here are a few quick helpful tips to get you through the day.
Bring a blanket or towel that you do not mind getting really dirty. It may get muddy. Bring plenty of sunscreen with a high SPF, water bottles, and small snack food. And for lunch and dinner, bring cash! The last thing you want is to be overheated, dehydrated, hungry, or sunburned. All of this will only tire you out. Closed toe shoes are a must. They may not be as cute as that other outfit you had planned, but your toes and toenails will thank you, especially if you decide to get up close and personal with the crowd by the stage.
97X’s Backyard Barbeque 2015 was a blast full of awesome music and great times. If you want to go, check back around this time next year for information on Backyard Barbeque 2016.