Once you’ve decided to make a music video, then its time to distribute it. There are some solid offerings in the market, such as the ones Symphonic offers, which allows you to deliver your music to the top music video destinations, like Vevo, iTunes, TIDAL, and more.
Before you decide on a distribution outlet, you will need to make sure you have certain details in place so you are prepared ahead of time and can deliver your music video in a timely manner. We’ve put together some video distribution tips for your next release.
• Send your video distribution request at least 2 weeks prior to your wanted go live date to allow our video partners to ingest, approve and process new videos into their networks.
• Make sure your video is in High Definition at least 1280 by 720p – but 1920p by 1080p is preferred for HD. The Audio should also be high quality and be in AAC Stereo format.
• Keep it simple – All videos need to show just the music video itself with NO on screen distractions like URLs, hashtags, social media handles, dates, shoutouts, logos, or other promotional text on screen. You want your audience to experience your new video without all the promotional clutter in the way.
• Please name your Video Properly. Your file name should be: Artist or label name—underscore—Video title—underscore, and what version it is – like if it is another language or a clean /dirty version.
• An audio file of the video’s song – in either wav or MP3 format
• An Artist PR photo – which must be at least 5,000 by 5,0000 pixel at 72dpi and centered with some space away from the edges
• Artist VEVO Youtube banner image – Make sure to follow the image guidelines
Then, once everything is ready simply get familiarized with the delivery aspects of your particular video distributor and you should be good to go!
We hope these simple tips help you have a stress-free video submission experience.
If you’d like to learn more about our video distribution service, welcome to check out of offering here. Thanks for stopping by and now get moving on that music video!