As a musician, networking is a great opportunity to expand your fanbase and get yourself noticed.
LinkedIn is necessary social media tool that can be used to build your relationships with other people in the music business.
Here some LinkedIn tips for musicians:
- Fill out the page of your personal profile because it’s basically your resume. You are portraying what you’ve done with your time–not just the awards or publications you’ve accomplished. Don’t be afraid to look back and think about things that you’ve done that are special to your music.
- Have an actual photo of yourself and not just a logo because this will get you more views on your profile. Just make sure you look presentable and know how you want to look to other people.
- You should have your contact information on the page and be as accessible as possible because you might end up speaking to someone who wants to work with you.
- Make sure you reach out to everyone because it’s all about networking and not only who you’re friends with. It’s okay if your name shows up in some people’s inboxes who you don’t know.
- Message people that you are connected with because it never hurts to be nice. It’s always good to acknowledge people who have looked over your profile.
- Join groups with other musicians and become a part of organizations dedicated to your field. You should network with people who can actually hire you and look for individuals such as supervisors or music bookers.
LinkedIn is great way to promote yourself and musicians should take advantage of the powerful social media tool. The platform can help you build your career and it’s both free and easy to master, so go ahead and give it a shot!