Vevo provides premium video content either on your computers and mobile devices. It is a great way to promote your music and format it to visual video. Also, you will expand your fanbase worldwide and make a little cash while you’re at it.
Follow these tips to get your music video on Vevo:
- Create an account with an official Vevo partner so they can distribute your videos for you. Vevo will not let you sign up directly to promote your own music so make sure you are acquainted with music distribution companies. Or, if you have videos that you think have high standards, you can contact Vevo through their website to see if they can make an account for you. It is not guaranteed, but it is a good idea to reach out so they know what kind of artist you are.
- It’s important to follow Vevo’s rules when making video content, so make sure you prepare correctly. That includes correct content, video formats, dimensions, and frame rates. Follow our video checklist for more information.
- After uploading your video to a Vevo partner so they can distribute it, you might have to wait up to 10-14 days on the platform if this is your first time setting up an Artist Vevo page. If you do have an Artist Vevo page already, then it should only take up to 24-48 hours. We still recommend that you plan out a release date and submit your video 2 weeks ahead of time just in case.
- The partner can distribute your music, but it’s your job to promote it. This means having an engaging profile, sharing your videos on social media, and even embedding Vevo videos on your artist website.
- You will collect royalties based on the distributor. For example, Symphonic Distribution will deliver your video for just 95 dollars onto Vevo. However, take note that it will just be the video and no promotional or social media ads embedded into it.
- Remember you need to have a high-resolution artist image and banner to send to the distributor. They can then incorporate that into your new channel and profile.
Here are some guidelines:
- Artist PR Image: Must be at least 5,000 x 5,000 pixels at 72dpi, High Quality, and centered with some space away from the edges. This should be a photo of just the artist, it cannot have any text or logos on it and also cannot be album artwork.
- VEVO Banner Image: Must be 2560 x 1440 pixels, must fill the whole image, but keep any text or logos within the “Text and Logo Safe area (1546×423)”.