Quick look back while forging ahead.
We are off to a fast start in 2019 and are very excited for all of the announcements we will be making this year. We have a lot planned in 2019, including new product rollouts, events where we will be able to connect with you–our clients, integrations of new partnerships, and much more.
We always like to finish off a year and start a new one by looking back at some important things that occurred in the past year, while also giving you a sneak peek into what is coming.
This past year…
- We paid a record number of royalties, our highest ever year to date! Millions of dollars were paid this year and continue to be every single month.
- We rebranded the company, giving it a fresh look and with the full intention of better serving our existing client base and ensuring that we’re able to serve everyone equally. We are a bit more selective in our approach, but one thing is not lost and will not be lost: we’re here to help artists, record labels, managers, and distributors evolve and enhance their brand.
- We launched Monthly Reporting and Payments including being one of the first distributors to advance payments for Beatport prior to them going the same route of providing monthly payments to suppliers. Effectively every DSP is on monthly reporting and payments ensuring that you get paid quickly!
- We continued to have successes in Sync Licensing with placements with Les Mills as well as Netflix with their “Altered Carbon” show.
- Symphonic added to its already amazing team by bringing individuals aimed at helping each and every client grow. Our mission is to ensure every client has the right resources and team behind them to help them get better and focus on doing what they do best, release amazing music.
- Our CEO made it into the 2018 Indie Power Players list by Billboard!
- We integrated Facebook into our Digital Service Provider partnerships, ensuring that your music can be shared properly across their platforms. We also expanded our Sample Pack Distribution service with the integration of Sounds.com!
- Continued our tradition of recognizing some of our amazing clients for their efforts in 2018 with our yearly awards! One of the most challenging things we do considering the amount of amazing talent we have the honor of working with every day.
- Together with promo.ly, we launched a new Promo Mailer platform!
- We distributed more music videos than ever before! Our Video Distribution service is among one of the best offerings of any distribution company out there and ensures your music video is seen where it counts. Compare us here.
- Signed some amazing clients such as Laura Marano, Rat City, Tipsy Records, and distributed music from Stick Figure, Black Thought of The Roots, Steel Pulse, Ozuna, and more! Millions of tracks distributed across a multitude of genres.
And that is just a small taste of what we did in 2018, but it’s 2019, so what is there to come?
First, we’ve rolled out the year with a checklist of how you can kick ass in 2019! We thought it was pretty cool and helpful and you can find it here.
We’re going to have MANY new technology rollouts this year aimed at making it easier for you to run your day to day business (real time trends and analytics for Spotify, Apple, and more), as well as improved accounting tools increasing the speed of payment and how you interact with the platform. Expect even more enhancements to the core platform that will speed up delivery and see us integrate many new and exciting digital service providers.
In addition, we want to interact more closely with you! In 2019, we’ll be opening up new locations, hiring up to ensure you get even quicker support, and will be throwing many events as well as be a part of various events throughout the world.
We have some big plans for services such as YouTube Monetization, Soundcloud Monetization, Sync Licensing, Publishing Administration, Neighboring Rights, and additional offerings to help you market better as well as ensure your content is optimized to the fullest.
With all of that said, we’re aiming to fix the biggest challenge of all, and that is ensuring you and your content is noticed. All of our efforts are going in on ensuring more of your content is pitched even more to playlists, featured banners, and that specialized release campaigns are setup that go beyond what any distributor does.
We’re eager to show you everything we’ve been working on to start the year and are very excited to start seeing these announcements come soon.