The Artist Fundraising Pick enables artists who are interested in raising money to support themselves, their bands, or their crews, to get the word out to their fans on their Spotify artist profiles. Here’s everything you need to know to get started…
Spotify for Artists Launches New Feature: Artist Fundraising Pick
In this first iteration of the feature, you can submit a fundraising link from one of our partners — Cash App, GoFundMe, PayPal, or a verified Music Relief organization — to feature in a new section at the top of your artist profile labeled “Artist Fundraising Pick”.
What it means for you…
The Fundraising Pick enables artists who are interested in raising money to support themselves, their bands, or their crews, to get the word out to their fans on their Spotify artist profiles. The Fundraising Pick can also be used to support separate charitable initiatives via one of Spotify’s Music Relief Partners listed here.
Spotify has also partnered with Cash App, who’ve generously established a $1 million relief effort for artists. Spotify for Artists admins that submit their “$cashtag” username as their Artist Fundraising Pick — and secure at least one contribution of any size through Spotify — will receive an extra $100 in their account from Cash App, until a collective total of $1 million has been contributed.
(Important to note: Cash App accounts are only available to those in the US & UK, but all listeners around the world can contribute through Cash App.)
How to add a Fundraising Pick:
- Click “Get started” on the blue banner at the top of their homepage
- Enter a fundraising link — artists could raise money for themselves, their team or crew, or a COVID related initiative
- Please note: some artists may experience a slight delay between selecting their pick and it going live — Spotify is doing extra verification.
- Only Spotify for Artists admins can upload a Fundraising Pick
- It is possible for artists to have their Artist Pick live at the same time as a Fundraising Pick.
- Spotify considers this a first version of the feature that will continue to evolve as they learn how to make it as helpful as possible for the music community.