AudioLock has launched an initiative that tackles the growing problem of infringing ‘pay-for-access’ download sites. By uniting labels to help cut off the pirate’s income at the source and with official support from Beatport, Traxsouce, and Juno Download, they created The Music Mission…
AudioLock Launches Anti-Piracy Initiative: The Music Mission
What is The Music Mission?
A network of pirate ‘pay-for-access’ sites are attracting over 11 million monthly visits from selling YOUR music. The Music Mission is a collaborative industry project to redirect that revenue to you through legitimate platforms.
- AudioLock is calling on labels to join them in this campaign to take on over 300 of these infringing sites, shut them down through the closure of their payment gateways, and redirect music lovers back to legitimate sources.
The Result? // A much needed boost in revenue to artists through legal sales of their music, at a time when they need it more than ever.
The process doesn’t cost labels a penny and couldn’t be simpler:
- REGISTER: Labels can register their support via the Music Mission website.
- RESEARCH: The Music Mission will work behind the scenes mapping and investigating underlying key dependencies that these sites have.
- REPORT: Selected supporters will get pre-prepared infringement notices to forward to payment gateways and server companies used by the sites. This will shut down their ability to keep taking your money.
- REVENUE: is injected back into the industry.
IT’S TIME TO ACT!
They’ve already gained the support of over 400 labels and backing from some of the biggest names in the music industry, including Beatport, Traxsource, Juno Download, Axtone, Defected, Toolroom, and Brighton Music Conference, but they need the wider industry to support the mission and make a stand. The outcome will make an incredible difference for the entire music industry.
You can visit their website at https://themusicmission.net for more information, to register your support, and to join the mission!