On June 31st, Facebook announced a whole new way to experience music videos by your favorite artists. Here’s the rundown…
Facebook Announces Official Music Videos
A Whole New Music Video Experience
With this new feature, fans can discover, watch, and share music videos from today’s top artists to up-and-coming bands to iconic classics across various music genres on Facebook. These official music videos on Facebook are all about fostering new social experiences that are about more than just watching the video.
Discover and Share with Ease
- These videos can be shared, reacted to, and commented on, just like any other Facebook video.
- With social sharing across News Feed, Groups, and Messenger, users can now share music videos that are important to them or express their mood to their community.
- Connect with other fans and react to your favorite artist’s new video in real time as it premieres.
- Check out what your friends are into and discover new artists, all on your News Feed.
Facebook Watch Updates
Now, you can explore countless music videos by genre, artist, or mood, or discover themed playlists like “Hip Hop MVPs”, “Trailblazers of Pop,” and “Epic Dance Videos.” You can also check out timely playlists like “Popular This Week” and “New This Week.”
Sharpen your skills…
New Ways to Connect
Facebook has introduced updates to Artist Pages so you can find and browse the official music videos of artists you love.
- Follow your favorite artists to stay up to date and see their latest music videos and posts in your News Feed.
- Follow an artist directly from a music video, and click through from a video to their Page to learn more about them.
- Through their music videos, you can even find information like when they’re performing next and where to buy their music.
Over time, the experience will become more personalized to your tastes based on artists you follow and videos you engage with. The Music destination in Facebook Watch is now available on desktop and iOS and Android mobile devices.
To learn more about Music Videos on Facebook, check out their official announcement here.