As the holidays and years-end are quickly approaching, there are some important dates and deadlines to keep in mind to ensure everything continues to run smoothly. Digital Service Providers (DSPs) typically want content delivered before holidays and years-end. To make sure you’re on track, please abide by these guidelines…
2020 Holiday Hours and Content Cut Off Reminders
To ensure everything continues to run as smoothly and effectively as possible, please take note of these important content cut offs for the end of the year.
Below are important dates to keep in mind to ensure that your releases are delivered made live on time for all partners:
- If your release date is November 22nd – December 6th, Submit your release by November 13th
- If your release date is December 7th – December 27th, Submit your release by November 20th
- If your release date is December 28th – January 11th, Submit your release by December 11th
It is possible that our 48 hour approval time may be delayed due to higher amounts of received content. It is highly recommended that the 2 week minimum on submitting a release be extended to accommodate your requested release date during this time of year.
Due to the high volume of deliveries and updates we receive during this time of year, we do not recommend making changes between December 20, 2020 and December 28, 2020.
- Make sure to submit any important content, pricing changes, or clearance changes by the respective deadlines noted in this article.
December 11, 2020 will be the last day to submit content in 2020, and we will get back to our regular approval schedule on January 4th, 2021.
VIDEO CONTENT SUBMISSION CUT-OFFS
- If your release date is November 22nd – December 6th, submit your video by November 6th
- If your release date is December 7th – December 27th, submit your video by November 16th
ROYALTIES – REPORTING AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
As you know, we publish statements and pay royalties monthly. Any unclaimed payments always roll forward into the following accounting payment period. Our payment schedule for the remainder of the year will be as follows:
Posted November 2, 2020
Payment available until November 20th
Expected to post December 1, 2020
Payment available until December 18th
Expected to post January 4, 2021
For more details about our complete payment and reporting calendar, click here.
ACCOUNT AND TAX DETAILS
As a part of year-end maintenance, we urge you to update your account details, payment details, and tax details to ensure that we have the latest information. After the calendar year ends, we will begin to prepare tax documentation and deliver the pertinent information to you per the USA and International tax laws and regulations.
- USA Clients will receive 1099 forms by January 31, 2021
- International Clients will receive 1042 forms by March 16, 2021
For details on how to update your account, check out the following links:
SYMPHONIC OFFICE CLOSURE DATES
- November 26th and 27th, 2020, for Thanksgiving Holiday.
- December 23, 2020 through January 1st, 2021, for Holiday Break.
- Our offices will reopen on January 4th, 2021.
SYMPHONIC HELP AND COMMUNICATION DURING OFFICE CLOSURE DATES
There will be very limited activity and responses from our Client relations team during the closure dates listed above. We will do everything possible to answer your help requests, however, we encourage you to use our comprehensive online knowledge-base prior to submitting a request.
Happy Holidays! 🎁