Clear visuals and updated artist profiles are crucial in creating and maintaining your artist image. In this ever expanding digital age, branding is everything. It’s important to keep all of your platforms up-to-date. Luckily for you, Deezer’s Backstage platform is very straightforward and easy to navigate. To help you out, here’s how to update your artist profile…
How to Update Your Artist Profile on DeezerDeezer's platform for artists to access analytics and manage their artist profile is called Backstage. Keep it up to date and make sure your images and bio are in tip-top shape. -- You never know who's looking. 👀 Click To Tweet
Instead of Spotify for Artists or Apple Music for Artists, Deezer’s service is called Backstage. However, just like these other platforms, Backstage gives users the ability to edit their profile, access listener data and more.
In order to access to Backstage, you need to have music live on Deezer. Then, you can just sign up and verify your artist ID.
- Go to backstage.deezer.com and click Request Access.
- Complete & submit the Backstage Info form.
- Wait for Deezer to confirm your identity & give access.
Told you it was easy.
Editing Your Profile
Once you’ve been verified and can finally log in, you’re ready to start editing your profile.
- To change your profile pic, click the Artist Edition tab at the top of the screen. (Your photo needs to be a minimum size of 500x500px and 3MB. — It also needs to be uploaded as a JPEG or PNG file.)
- In the same tab, you can also edit your bio. — Your bio will be shown in multiple languages depending on who is looking at it. So it doesn’t hurt to get your copy professionally translated if you’re looking to target fans in a specific area of the world.
Backstage offers tons of great insights for artists. Analytics like your total streams, average daily listeners, top countries & cities, best performing tracks and more are all available for you to check out. Just like with any platform, it’s important to keep your information up to date. It should be a part of your monthly routine check-up to go over your profiles and give them a quick cleaning. It’s easy to do and makes a huge difference.
You got this!