As the holidays and the end of the year are quickly approaching, there are some important dates and deadlines to keep in mind to ensure everything continues to run smoothly. Digital Service Providers (DSPs) want content delivered before the holidays and years-end, so to make sure you’re on track, please abide by these guidelines…
2021 Holiday Hours and Content Cut Off Reminders
Here’s the rundown…
Below are important dates to keep in mind to ensure that your releases are delivered and appear live, on time, for all partners. In addition, we’ve also provided our royalty reporting and payment schedule throughout the remainder of this year.
Due to the high volume of content we receive during this time, we do not recommend making changes between December 20, 2021, and December 27, 2021.
- We will get back to our regular approval schedule on January 3, 2022.
The Video Distribution application will be unavailable from December 11, 2021, through January 2, 2022.
December 11, 2021, will be the last day to submit music videos in 2021.
- Music Video submissions will re-open on January 3, 2022.
SYMPHONIC OFFICE CLOSURE DATES
- November 25th and 26th, 2021, for Thanksgiving Holiday.
- December 17, 2021, through January 2, 2022, for Holiday Break.
Our offices will re-open on January 3, 2022. ✨
SYMPHONIC HELP AND COMMUNICATION DURING OFFICE CLOSURE DATES
There will be minimal activity and responses from our Client Relations team during the closure dates listed above. We will do everything possible to answer your help requests; however, we encourage you to use our comprehensive online knowledge-base prior to submitting a request.
ROYALTIES – REPORTING AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
We publish statements and pay royalties monthly. Any unclaimed payments always roll forward into the following accounting payment period. Our payment schedule for the remainder of the year will be as follows:
- Posted November 1, 2021
- Payment request available until November 19
- Enable SplitShare Payees by November 19, 2021
- Ensure that all SplitShare percentages are correct and payees have accepted invites by November 24, 2021
- Expected to post December 1, 2021
- Payment request available until December 17
- Enable SplitsShare Payees by December 17, 2021
- Ensure that all SplitShare percentages are correct and payees have accepted invites by December 22, 2021
- Expected to post January 3, 2021
(For more details about our complete payment and reporting calendar, click here.)
ACCOUNT AND TAX DETAILS
As a part of year-end maintenance, we urge you to update your account details, payment details, and tax details to ensure that we have the latest information. After the calendar year ends, we will begin to prepare tax documentation and deliver the pertinent information to you per the USA and International tax laws and regulations.
- USA Clients will receive 1099 forms by January 31, 2022
- International Clients will receive 1042 forms by March 15, 2022
For details on how to update your account, check out the following links:
Got it? — We recommend you keep this information handy as the end-of-the-year gets closer. Keep these in mind to ensure everything is in order and you start the new year off right.