Having your Instagram profile verified lets everyone know your account is authentically yours. If you’re consistently growing in the platform, it may be time to get that blue check! 💙 Here’s how to do it.
How To Get Verified On Instagram
Here’s the rundown…
Contrary to popular belief, that blue check mark is not meant to show someones importance, status, or authority. All it represents is that Instagram has taken the time to confirm the account belongs to whoever it says does. One thing to note is that you can’t change the username on your account, and verification cannot be transferred to a different account once verified.
How to request a verified badge:
- Make sure you’re logged in to the account you’re requesting a verified badge for.
- Tap the profile icon or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap more options in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Account, then tap Request Verification.
- Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (example: government-issued photo ID or official business documents).
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and you’re good to go!
What requirements do you need to meet to get approved?
- Authentic: Represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Represent the unique presence of the person or business. (Only one account per person or business may be verified.)
- Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo and be active when you apply.
- Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. Instagram reviews accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and they don’t consider paid or sponsored media content as sources for review.
👀 Check these out…
Once they review your request, you’ll receive a notification in Activity up to 30 days after applying letting you know if your account has been verified or not.