Facebook users have had the ability to add music to their Facebook Stories posts since 2018. This feature effectively introduced a whole new musical experience to Facebook Stories. Users could tap the Music Sticker to browse through thousands of songs and choose one to add into their post. Then, Instagram introduced a Lyrics feature in 2019, featuring dynamic lyrics in addition to its original music feature. Users have been patiently waiting for this feature to expand onto Facebook, and it’s finally here. Now, Facebook has launched an evolution to the Music Sticker, integrating dynamic lyrics to their music experience with Lyrics on Facebook Stories.
How to use Lyrics on Facebook Stories:
When your fans use the music sticker and select your song from Audio Library, they’ll be able to select the exact part of the song they want to use to visually enhance their Stories post while giving you well deserved exposure on your track. For you, this feature is a great way to make that new release announcement in style or show more love to that dope collab you recently did with another great artist.
As long as you’ve made your lyrics available via Musixmatch, you (and your fans) will have the ability to select your track(s) and choose from a variety of lyric animations, font designs, and colors. And like all stickers, you can move the lyrics around, resize, and rotate them before finally sharing it to your story.
How to use it, step-by-step:
- Open the Facebook app for iOS or Android.
- Tap + Add to Story at the top of your News Feed.
- At the top of the screen, scroll to the right and tap Music.
- Tap to select a song. (Only songs with the LYRICS label next to it have this feature enabled.)
- Drag the slider left or right to select a clip from the song, then tap Done.
- Tap to select a display style, then tap Done.
- The song will now appear on your story — Now, you can tap to change the style, tap and hold to move it, or use two fingers to rotate it or change the size.
- Finally, go ahead and share your masterpiece to the world!
Lyrics for Facebook are provided by our partner, Musixmatch. For future releases, make sure to sign up to become a Verified Artist on MusixMatch and fill out the New Release form to ensure your lyrics are available in time for your next release.
Artists: Here’s how to add, edit and sync lyrics to Musixmatch:
- Download the Musixmatch desktop app
- Sign in with your previously registered account
- Connect your streaming service
- Play your song. (You can play it from Spotify, iTunes or Windows Media Player and Musixmatch will show the lyrics automatically)
- If your lyrics aren’t available yet, simply click “Add lyrics” and type in the lyrics
- Edit the lyrics to make sure everything looks good.
As soon as you save, your lyrics will be published immediately on all Musixmatch apps and will be available to all partners in a few hours.
You might also like:
We’re excited to see how our artists utilize this feature to enhance their Facebook Stories! The options are limitless. Get creative and get your music out there with Lyrics on Facebook Stories.